Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's so fluffy!

Favorite line from a cartoon (Dispicable Me). If you haven't seen it you're missing out! What is so fluffy you ask? A pillow I made from...drum roll....a table placemat. 
Ideally, in a perfect table mat transformation pillow making world- the key is to find one that is double sided with a fab print so all you have to do is unstitch one of the sides, stuff it and your good to go. Like these beauties from West Elm.
However in this case, I found a plain old green one at the dollar store that I wanted to beautify. I have to admit I'm proud of myself for picking out something that has color instead of black and white. GASP.
Next, I used a flower design also from the dollar store because I'm such a high roller.
I traced it, painted it...
 and filled it with stuffing and restitched the side.
Quite frankly it's pretty bad A for only two bucks!

2 comments: